Header

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Printmaking on a Gelatin Plate by Therese Vahland


I have been using my gelatin printing plate for a few weeks now. Often the plates don't last very well. Mine has done well over 150 prints. When the plate starts to break down, I remelt it and pour it again. This way it is good for another 30 to 50 prints. 
 
When making my plate I used distilled water so that no bacteria would be present in the water. This helps to keep mould at bay. My other secret ingredient also helps to purify the plate. 
 
Hereis a sample of some of my prints:
 


 
 

Printing on gelatin plates is easy and fun. This video shows a more sophisticated way of making a print look like a painting. It is for those with more experience. 
 
Why don't you try some?


No comments:

Post a Comment